Equipment Needed: Roasting dish or large pan
Cooking Method(s): Roasting and stovetop
Source: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/Download the Recipe Card!
|Chestnuts||1 cup||1 cup|
|Salt and Pepper (to taste)||To taste||To taste|
|Preheat Oven||Metric (°C)||Imperial (°F)||Gasmark|
- Preheat the oven
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and remove any dodgy leaves
- Over a medium heat, fry the bacon for 5 to 8 minutes until crisp,
- Add the shallots and cook until soft.
- Increase the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Stir the ingredients and cook for a further 10 minutes
Tips, Tricks and Hacks…
Make Ahead! Complete steps 2 to 5 and then place the mixture in the fridge. Take out of the fridge about an hour before you want to serve and place in the oven 25minutes before serving time.
Substitution: If you don’t have brussel sprouts, you can subsitute diced cabbage